|Location:||Any Memphis Location|
Being an Area Manager at Captain D's is more than just a job. It's a place for you to shine, add value, and treat our guests to a great dining experience. We consider our managers to be part of the family: a highly valued part of the restaurant. It's the start of a great management career in the world of business. We consider our managers to be more than just an employee - you are a highly valued part of the restaurant.
We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic people who enjoy serving guests.
We are aggressively seeking a phenomenal leader to join our team as an Area Manager. We are looking for a dynamic leader with a broad scope of experience and leadership in the QSR industry. Our Area Manager's are crucial players on a dynamic management team. You'll always know your value to the organization and to the managers and staff personnel you supervise. You will play a key role in designing and managing the work environment and systems that will make them successful -- and, in turn, insure your own success.
Key Duties / Responsibilities for Area Manager
- Manages profit goals as budgeted, including the ongoing review of assigned store budgets. Monitors food and labor costs and utilizes profit/loss statements to track results and implement corrective action as necessary for enhanced results.
- Manages sales goals as budgeted, including the monitoring/execution of marketing programs. Assists in the development of local store marketing plans. Assesses assigned store requirements for new product roll-outs/procedures.
- Ensures proper staffing levels are achieved, including the monitoring of crew/management labor availability in market. Maintains an ongoing system for the recruitment, development, recognition and retention of store management and develops staffing plans to maintain management stability. Ensures the execution of quality, timely performance feedback and performance reviews. Monitors compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- On an approved schedule with the President of Operations, plans and conducts working store visits with all levels of store management to ensure the execution of Quality, Service and Cleanliness standards on all day parts; including the monitoring of food product quality. Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policy health/sanitation regulations, takes corrective actions as required. Ensures guest relation policies/procedures are being executed, implements corrective actions as required.
- Provides proper store management training and development through established systems and follows through to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Ensures assigned stores' compliance with Company operating policies and procedures. Evaluates store performance at specified intervals using Company inspection form; coaches and retrains managers, as required, on the attainment of approved ratings and the achievement of Sparkle certification.
- Establishes and monitors procedures for the control of cash, property, product and equipment. Conducts audits to ensure compliance with labor and safety regulations; takes corrective action as required. Monitors assigned stores' maintenance requirements to ensure Company procedures and standards are being followed. Reports and follows up on preventive maintenance plans and activities.
- Completes all administrative requirements and reports; plans and maintains a system of regular communication of Company objectives, changes and district concerns.
- Performs other job related duties as may be assigned or required, including weekly meetings with President of Operations to outline defined objectives and progress
- Strong knowledge and understanding of restaurant operations, accounting, budgeting and administrative procedures.
- Good supervisory, organizational and communication skills, including strong interviewing and recruitment skills.
Education and/or Experience
- College degree required or equivalent operational experience.
- Minimum of five years' experience in restaurant operations
- Multi-unit store management experience with a QSR, preferred
- Able to handle EEOC complaints
- Have had experience opening a restaurant from ground level to checking off punch list.
- Have managed a minimum of 5 QSR's at a given time.
- Travel required (between assigned stores). Long periods of standing on feet without a break.
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid driver's license and insurance required.
- Must Pass a Background Check.
- Paid Vacation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Paid Training
- Bonus Plan
- Profit Sharing